News: 11/6/2014 Proceedings are ready to be posted. We have sent a message to the last recorded email address of participants to request their updated details. Please contact us via email if you have not received this email.
News: 10/8 Electronic Notes Page: Stephanie Wehner, John Rarity, Steve Barnett, Mile Padgett.
News: 6/8 Electronic Notes Page: Norbert Lutkenhaus.
News: 5/8 Electronic Notes Page: Markus Aspelmeyer References, Mark Hillery, Alastair Sinclair.
News: 3/8 Electronic Notes Page: Mark Hillery, Christian Roos Part II.
News: 2/8 Electronic Notes Page: Dirk Bouwmeester Notes, Christian Roos Part I.
News: 1/8 Poster Sessions, please put up posters this afternoon or before dinner.
News: 30/7 Electronic Notes Page: Reformatted notes for Kalle-Antti Suominen. Martin Plenio Part II.
Welcome to the website for the Scottish Universities Summer School in Physics 67 on Quantum Information and Coherence, to be held at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow 28th July to the 9th August 2011. SUSSP67 is aimed at early stage researchers and will form part of the long-running Scottish Universities Summer Schools in Physics (SUSSP) series.
We have engaged a set of highly-distinguished lecturers which should appeal to the widest possible set of young researchers. The lectures will represent major topics of current research and will be compiled and published as a textbook:
- Prof. Markus Aspelmeyer – Foundations of quantum mechanics
- Prof. Steve Barnett – Quantum Retrodiction
- Prof. Immanuel Bloch – Bose-Einstein Condensates in quantum information
- Prof. Dirk Bouwmeester – Quantum Nano-Opto Mechanics
- Prof. Mark Hillery – Quantum Algorithms
- Prof. Norbert Lütkenhaus – Quantum Key Distribution
- Prof. Gerard Milburn – Quantum Measurement and Control
- Prof. Miles Padgett – Angular Momentum of Light
- Prof. Martin Plenio – Quantum Entanglement, and Quantum effects in Biology
- Prof. John Rarity – Quantum Optical Implementations
- Dr. Christian Roos – Ion Trapping
- Dr. Alastair Sinclair – Quantum Metrology.
- Prof. Kalle-Antti Suominen – Open Quantum Systems and Decoherence
- Asst. Prof. Stephanie Wehner – Quantum Communication